Some of my feeds are updating, others are not. What's going on?
Feed Informer Support
Some feeds are not updating13 posts
Thanks for the report.
We are looking into this.
Thanks! It's so weird that some are working and others aren't.
Could you please let us know the IDs of the digests that appear to be outdated?
Also, it would help if you check your digests' sources and see if any of them are marked as inaccessible or invalid.
Here they are. They all stopped updating two days ago: AQBUJ18SPU SECUHXUGYG 0P9O570QFJ FC4VGHWQHX YZKLSQCCJ6 N9LBYOP96H OTUAPITWER B8AXGQ9XD5 MU0C9Q14N4 X2GJWWPTY7 TMLLGYOBKO SNMHVAQH0T ETWF3SJKBF 5KGB160VW4 P2XLJQ9TFF
And I've checked most of them and they appear fine on your site. And the RSS feeds have all updated at the source sites.
Have you checked your source feeds (My Digests -> Name -> DIGEST SOURCES)? We haven't checked all of your digests yet, but at least some have broken sources.
Yes. Even though some are broken, the others should be feeding. They aren't.
Thanks. We're continuing to investigate this.
I've thoroughly checked three of the digests you mentioned, and I can attest that the issue is related to bad source feeds. Otherwise, or when the sources are fixed, I see digests and widgets getting updates, and the only delay that is happening is due to caching.
- TMLLGYOBKO is updating now. It had no valid sources, but I fixed a couple of them by replacing source URLs (they moved to new locations on the same site).
- AQBUJ18SPU is updating, no changes were done on my part.
- SECUHXUGYG is not updating since it has no valid sources.
Unfortunately, I have no time now to check all of them, but I'm pretty sure I found the root of the issue.
Please check the source feeds for all of your digests that are not updating. Your digest must have at least one source that is accessible and has valid format (validator: https://validator.w3.org/feed/).
If you will experience this issue even after you fix the list of source feeds, please provide me with the ID of the digest that isn't updating (just one would be enough).
CAPITOLFAX: I was having the same problem, but I think I've debugged it.
The common denominator for the failing scripts on my site is that they were the feeds that I had gone the longest time without touching.
Note that the call is going to a feeddigest.com URL.
When I went to the widget tab for that particular feed in my account, I acquired the newer script that points to a feed.informer.com URL.
I've subbed out half of my bad strands of code thus far and will get to the remainder over the weekend, but everything seems to be working great now.
Not sure what happened, but all feeds seem to be working again. I hadn't been able to change anything. So thanks if you made any changes!
This topic has been closed to new replies.